Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

30 Days of Thanks and Giving Challenge


Last year during the month of November, I participated in writing on Facebook one thing I'm thankful for every day. It was a really great way to force me to think about the things I am thankful for and count my every day blessings. This year, I'm stepping it up a notch. I am giving myself a "Thanks AND Giving Challenge". Each day, I will write one thing I am thankful for. In addition to that, I will do one thing each day that involves giving to others. Now, we are on a major budget- so I can't afford to do a lot of financial giving. But giving to others can be in the form of giving money, time, food, clothing, help, and love to others. Thanksgiving shouldn't be limited to one day a year. This is going to be tough on me since I've got a 6 week old baby. He pretty much runs my life these days, and I don't get out of the house much. So I may need to get creative with how I am going to make this happen. 


30-Day Giving Challenge
I was inspired to create this challenge by this website- The 30 Day Giving Challenge. There are people all other the world participating in this challenge. I changed mine up a little to incorporate Thanks AND Giving. Who wants to join me in this challenge? 

After all, it is more of a blessing to give than to receive!

Click here to follow the 30 Day Giving Challenge on Facebook.
________________________________________________________________

Day 1 Thanks: I am thankful for all the joy my son Brady brings me.

Day 1 Giving: I am going to use today to make a plan and come up with ideas for how I can give to others. I am going to promote this challenge to everyone I know. I want to get lots of people involved. The more people are involved with giving, the more other people will be blessed. Will you get involved with me? 

Leave a comment to let me know who is participating with me. And while you're at it, why don't you mention your Thanks and Giving for today.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea to combine thankfulness and giving. I have a list of budget friendly giving ideas on my blog today if you need help coming up with some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa, I just read your blog. I love the idea about paying for the car behind you in drive thru! What a great idea!

    Here's Lisa's article about giving:
    http://simplifiedsaving.com/2010/11/30-day-giving-challenge/

    ReplyDelete